spacer spacer spacer
spacer spacer spacer spacer


Further information

Where can I find out more?

You can find out more from:

The Local Authority's Building Control Department

The Local Authority's Building Control Department will be pleased to give you further advice and information. They may let you see copies of the Building Act 1984, the Building Regulations 1991 and the accompanying Approved Documents which give extra help and guidance.
The Fire and Building Regulations Procedural Guide which details with procedures for building work to which the Fire Precautions Act 1971 applies, and the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Region's (DETR) leaflet on safety of garden walls are both available free of charge from your Local Authority.

Additionally your Local Authority will have the DETR's and the Welsh Office's separate booklets on planning permission for small buisnesses and householders which are available free of charge.

Approved Inspectors - houses and blocks of flats/apartments

Only NHBC Building Control Services Ltd (Tel: 01494 434477) has the necessary insurance cover to carry out building control on houses and blocks of flats/apartments.

Other sources
Most of the documents A to N and Regulation 7 can be purchased from The Stationery Office (TSO) and most large bookshops. Copies are often also available in public reference libraries.Please note that amendments and new Approved Documents are issued from time to time.



Local Services & Suppliers
Find out more... Go

Copyright © 2006 Online Planning Offices Contact Us | Disclaimer

Website development by: VooDoo UK